If you’ve taken a class or open studio in the last 2 years, you are invited to participate in Mount Mercy’s exhibition for ICCGS’ students and studio members. We hope the exhibition will show the variety of personal styles, backgrounds and talent here at our Center. We want to embody a show that truly shows how we ‘Create in Community’.
- Exhibition Dates: October 3rd–October 28th
- Reception: Sunday, October 23rd from 3PM-5PM
- Location: Mount Mercy University–Janalyn Hanson White Gallery
- Deadline to Submit: September 25th
- Works must be dropped off on September 24th-25th between 10am-3pm at ICCGS.
- Submission form must be completed online before dropping off your work. Work must be picked up from ICCGS on November 4th-5th between 10am-3pm
- Must have taken a class/open studio member at ICCGS between August 2020 to present.
- Submissions are limited to one piece per person–all works submitted will be in the Exhibition
- Submissions cannot be placed on a wall, and must be freestanding (If your piece requires a stand, you must provide it)
- Participants must fill out the online form including: your name and contact information, one photo of the work you are submitting, title of work, size of work, type of clay/glass, method of firing and retail value (for insurance reasons only).
- We also want to add some information about each artist to show the diversity of our studio. You will also be asked to answer: career (or prior to retiring), age, how long you have been at ICCGS and what you enjoy most about being at the Center.
- Please note that submissions will not be for sale for this exhibition.
- All participants must drop off their work September 24 & 25th between 10-3 in the ICCGS Flex Space, please be sure to drop off your work on time for Mount Mercy University to transport all works to their gallery for installation.
- All participants are strongly encouraged to attend the Reception, friends and family are also welcome to come to show support. The reception will take place on Sunday, October 23rd from 3PM-5PM at the Mount Mercy University’s gallery space.
- After the show is taken down, Mount Mercy University will drop off all works in the studio. Participants must pick up their work at Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio on Nov. 4 & 5 between 10-3.
New Resident Meet & Greet & Gallery Exhibition
In our Gallery from September 1st–17th
For our NEXT 1st THURSDAY EVENT in September, we will introduce you to our New Resident Artists with a Meet & Greet & Gallery Exhibition!
Reception: Thursday, September 1st 5:30-7:00PM
Stop in to meet our 2022-2023 Resident Artists and see their work! We are so excited for you to meet them, and to welcome back Hannah for a second year!
UPCOMING GALLERY EVENTS FOR 2022:
Maps of the Intangible: A national Juried Show by Karin Rutkin
October 6th–October 29th
Reception: Thursday, October 6th 5:30-7:00PM with Juror remarks at 6pm
November 3rd 6th–November 19th
Reception: Thursday, November 3rd 5:30-7:00PM with Artist remarks at 6pm
Very Cherry Holiday Sale
November 26th–December 23rd
Reception: Thursday, December 1st 5:30-7:00PM
John Thomas Richards
January 5th, 2023–January 28th, 2023
Reception: Thursday, January 5th 5:30-7:00PM with Artist remarks at 6pm