Santa’s Workshop Saturday 10:15am-11:00am
December 5 at 10:15 am - 11:00 am$10 – $35
In our Santa’s Workshop series, we invite you to come in and decorate a variety of Holiday Projects. All projects are premade by our Resident Artists and bisque fired, making them ready for your own decorations–using our glazes/paints. All projects will then be fired again in our kilns and ready for pickup exactly 1 week later. Registration is available online and walk-ins are also welcome, space permitting. Masks are required and COVID-19 social distancing measures will be in place.
Workshop: Santa’s Workshop
Date: Saturday, December 5th
Time: 10:15 am – 11:00 am
For online registration on this day and time, please choose from the two price levels for participants in our Santa’s Workshops:
Candystripe Option $10/person includes your choice of one of the following:
- Holiday Ornament (clay or glass): Handmade options to choose from include: Glass Tree or Glass Wreath, Hand Thrown Clay Bell ornament, Twisted Candy Cane, Frame Ornament, plus a variety of holiday ornament shapes.
- 5” Ceramic Holiday Tree: Our Resident Artists have thrown cone shapes on the wheel. With various holes and cuts in the pine tree shape, you can use it as a luminary too!
Holly Option $35/person includes your choice of one of the following:
- Ceramic Gingerbread House Kit, approximately 6”x5”: We have created a 6 piece 3D Clay Gingerbread House Kit! Glaze/Paint all 4 sides and the roof, then string it all together using your choice of ribbon or string. The result is a family heirloom to put up every holiday season! You can even put a light inside the house to become a great holiday night light!
- Large Ceramic Mug : Our Resident Artists have thrown many 5”- 6” mugs with a handle! Each mug is hand crafted–no two look alike.
- 12” Ceramic Holiday Tree. Our Resident Artists have thrown cone shapes on the wheel. With various holes and cuts in the pine tree shape, you can use it as a luminary too!
*You can choose to decorate an additional project from the Candystripe option above, for an additional $10.
Beginning November 15th, Santa’s Workshop will be every Saturday and Sunday morning through December 20th. There will be two workshop times between 10-12pm, at Santa’s Workshop Classroom at the Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio (ICCGS), which is located in the historic Cherry Building in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In Santa’s Workshop, we invite you to come in and decorate a variety of Holiday Projects. All projects are premade by our Resident Artists and bisqued fired, making them ready for your own decorations–using our glazes/paints. All projects will then be fired again in our kilns and ready for pickup exactly 1 week later. Registration is available online and walk-ins are also welcome, space permitting. Masks are required and COVID-19 social distancing measures will be in place. For online registration, please choose from the two price levels for participants in our Santa’s Workshops (Candystripe or Holly).
All classes and workshops are held at: Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio, in the Santa’s Workshop classroom which is located in the NewBo district in the Cherry Building at 329 10th Avenue Southeast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The center is located on the first floor in Suite 117. Please enter the building through the 11th Avenue side of the building.
Cancellation policy: ICCGS reserves the right to cancel sessions due to unforeseen circumstances. In that event, participants will be notified and credit for a future class/workshop credit will be given in the form of a certificate. Participants may cancel their session for future class credits 72 hours/ 3 days before the class/workshop begins. You may email us at info@iowaCeramicsCenter.org about your cancellation.
Current COVID-19 Protocols:
We are committed to following the guidance of public health authorities and will adapt our plans as the situation needs.
● To ensure proper social distancing, tables are marketed with available space to maintain a safe distance. We ask that you remain in your designated area for the duration of the workshop. Families will be seated together.
● We have reduced the capacity for classes and workshops to 50%. Everyone who attends a workshop, must have paid for a seat to attend
● Everyone entering the Studio must wear masks at all times. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. This includes all employees, Instructors, Resident Artists and contract employees.
o Please note that the Cherry Building also requires masks to enter the building, with large signs posted on the entry doors.
o For children, parents must make sure that their children are able to wear a mask for the duration of the workshop. If your child is unable to wear a mask, we ask that you keep them at home.
● Students are required to disinfect their work area before and after using the studio.
● The studio is sanitized every morning, noon and at closing.
● For all workshops held in the S.T.E.A.M classroom/Santa’s Workshop classroom, only workshop attendees and their instructors are allowed inside.
● We have expanded personal work areas for social distancing recommendations (6 feet)
● Availability of hand sanitizer, bleach spray, paper towels and hand soap
● Students, Employees, RA’s and community members are asked to stay at home if they do not feel well, or have been exposed to COVID-19 and are currently under ‘quarantine status’.
● Everyone entering the studio is required to sign in and out of the studio.