PRIDE MONTH–Rainbow Mugs
June 12 at 10:30 am - 12:00 pm$25.00
June is Pride month–join us Saturday June 12th for our 2nd annual celebration of the LGBTQ+ community! Celebrate with us by creating your very own Rainbow Mug! We will provide you with the pre-made mug, you add the handle, add texture and then paint on the rainbow(s). All mugs will be fired and available for pickup 3 weeks after the session.
Date: Saturday, June 12th
Time: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
*Please note that due to covid restrictions, only those who have registered may be in the classroom. Our Saturday family workshops are intended for all ages, pre-registration is required and space is limited. Kids ages 8 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Pre-registration online is required for classes and most workshops. Kids ages 8 and under MUST be accompanied by a paying adult. Students’ work will be available for pickup 3 weeks after the end of their session/workshop. Please note that you will not be emailed or called to pick up your work. All remaining projects will be discarded after 60 days.
What to wear: Students must wear closed toed shoes for safety and ceramic wheel students should wear clothes they do not mind getting messy.
Cancellation policy: ICCGS reserves the right to cancel sessions due to the minimum enrollment not being met. In that event, participants will be notified and credit for a future class/workshop credit will be given in the form of a certificate. Participants may cancel their session for future class credits 72 hours/ 3 days before the class/workshop begins. You may email us at info@iowaCeramicsCenter.org about your cancellation.
Weather: If your workshop is scheduled to be outside, you will be given the option to work inside, or take home a project.
All classes and workshops are held at: Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio, located in the NewBo district in the Cherry Building at 329 10th Avenue Southeast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The center is located on the first floor in Suite 117. Please enter the building through the 10th Avenue side of the building.
Current COVID-19 Protocols
We are committed to following the guidance of public health authorities and will adapt our plans as the situation needs.
● To ensure proper social distancing, tables are marketed with available space to maintain a safe distance. We ask that you remain in your designated area for the duration of the workshop
o Families will be seated together.
● We have reduced the capacity for classes and workshops to 50%
● Everyone who attends a workshop, must have paid for a seat to attend
● Everyone entering the Studio must wear masks at all times. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. This includes all employees, Instructors, Resident Artists and contract employees.
o Please note that the Cherry Building also requires masks to enter the building, with large signs posted on the entry doors.
o For children, parents must make sure that their children are able to wear a mask for the duration of the workshop. If your child is unable to wear a mask for 1.5 hours, we ask that you keep them at home.
● Students are required to disinfect their work area before and after using the studio.
● The studio is sanitized every morning, noon and at closing.
● For all workshops held in the S.T.E.A.M classroom, only workshop attendees and their instructors are allowed inside.
● We have expanded personal work areas for social distancing recommendations (6 feet)
● Availability of hand sanitizer, bleach spray, paper towels and hand soap
● Students, Employees, RA’s and community members are asked to stay at home if they do not feel well, or have been exposed to COVID-19 and are currently under ‘quarantine status’.
● Everyone entering the studio is required to sign in and out of the studio.