- This event has passed.
Sunday Funday Workshop 9:30-10:15 AM
March 28 at 9:30 am - 10:15 am$10 – $35
In our Sunday Funday Workshop series, we invite you to come in and decorate a variety of Projects. All projects are premade by our Resident Artists and bisqued fired, making them ready for your own decorations–using our glazes/paints. All projects will then be fired again in our kilns and ready for pickup exactly 1 week later. Masks are required and COVID-19 social distancing measures will be in place.
For online registration for this day and time, please choose from the following project options:
$15/person includes your choice of one of the following:
Two Ceramic Plant Markers (2”x7”)
Small 3”-4” Hand Thrown Planter with Saucer
Small 3” Hand Thrown Garden Bell
Glass 3”x3” Rainbow Suncatcher
$25/person includes your choice of one of the following:
Medium 5”-6” Hand Thrown Planter with attached Saucer
Medium 4”-5” Hand Thrown Garden Bell
Hand thrown Ceramic Mug
$35/person includes your choice of one of the following:
Large 7-8” Hand Thrown Planter
Our Sunday Funday Workshops are intended for all ages, pre-registration is encouraged, space is limited. Kids ages 8 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult. All participants must be paying attendees to enter the classroom. Masks are required and social distancing will be in place (not including family members).
All classes and workshops are held at: Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio, in the Santa’s Workshop classroom which is located in the NewBo district in the Cherry Building at 329 10th Avenue Southeast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The center is located on the first floor in Suite 117. Please enter the building through the 11th Avenue side of the building.
Cancellation policy: ICCGS reserves the right to cancel sessions due to unforeseen circumstances. In that event, participants will be notified and credit for a future class/workshop credit will be given in the form of a certificate. Participants may cancel their session for future class credits 72 hours/ 3 days before the class/workshop begins. You may email us at info@iowaCeramicsCenter.org about your cancellation.
Current COVID-19 Protocols:
We are committed to following the guidance of public health authorities and will adapt our plans as the situation needs.
● To ensure proper social distancing, tables are marketed with available space to maintain a safe distance. We ask that you remain in your designated area for the duration of the workshop. Families will be seated together.
● We have reduced the capacity for classes and workshops to 50%. Everyone who attends a workshop, must have paid for a seat to attend
● Everyone entering the Studio must wear masks at all times. Masks must cover your nose and mouth. This includes all employees, Instructors, Resident Artists and contract employees.
o Please note that the Cherry Building also requires masks to enter the building, with large signs posted on the entry doors.
o For children, parents must make sure that their children are able to wear a mask for the duration of the workshop. If your child is unable to wear a mask, we ask that you keep them at home.
● Students are required to disinfect their work area before and after using the studio.
● The studio is sanitized every morning, noon and at closing.
● For all workshops held in the S.T.E.A.M classroom/Santa’s Workshop classroom, only workshop attendees and their instructors are allowed inside.
● We have expanded personal work areas for social distancing recommendations (6 feet)
● Availability of hand sanitizer, bleach spray, paper towels and hand soap
● Students, Employees, RA’s and community members are asked to stay at home if they do not feel well, or have been exposed to COVID-19 and are currently under ‘quarantine status’.