Join our Team!
Be part of a dynamic community of creatives working with the community in mind.
We are now hiring for the following positions:
The Iowa Ceramics Center and Glass Studio (ICCGS) is a community art organization dedicated to the ceramic and glass art located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This non-profit organization is dedicated to providing a place where community and creativity meet! ICCGS is the premier public access ceramics and glass studio in the region, serving Eastern Iowa. In addition to hands-on studio classes, ICCGS presents expecitional art exhibitions, educational outreach programs and a national Resident Artist Program impacting over 25,000 individuals over the past 10 years.
Position Summary: The Financial Assistant (FA) oversees the accuracy of financial data with Quickbooks database and current inventory. The FA will assist with general office operations. Excellent opportunity for an individual looking for part time work – approximately 10 hours a week. Hours are flexible and will be coordinated with the Executive Director. Minor evening or weekend time may be needed.
Position is supervised by: and reports to the Executive Director of the ICCGS. The position supports the Executive Director in the execution of the Center’s overall mission. This position works closely with the Programming Coordinator and Executive Director and is a ICCGS representative in the community.
- Maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Familiarity with pulling data from separate online database to correlate sales records
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Prepare Monthly Financial Reports
- Manage Quickbooks Online
Primary consideration will be given to applicants with the following attributes:
- Financial, administrative and/or customer service experience
- Proficient skills with QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office and google business programs
- Ability to learn new computer programs
- Able to work independently, making independent decisions in the application of policies and procedures with the area of assignment
- Outstanding time management, organizational and communication skills both in person and via email
- Able to multi task and change priorities as needed
- 10 hours a week
- Schedule must be flexible to work special events as needed
Starting wage of $14-$16 based on skill and experience. In addition to paid hours
- Unlimited classes and workshops
- Discount on clay and glass
Equal Employment Statement: ICCGS is dedicated to equal employment and advancement opportunities. It is the Art Center’s policy to hire and promote qualified individuals on the basis of their qualifications, interest and aptitude, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected group under applicable state, federal or local law.
To apply, send a cover letter, references and resume to our email address at [email protected]